Why hire a wedding planner?
Relax, enjoy your day...Let your wedding planner worry!
Should you hire a wedding planner? We've all seen them in the movie... Jennifer Lopez prancing around with her earpiece, managing the most extravagant weddings we have ever seen. Oh yes, and let’s not forget the wedding planner in Father of The Bride!
People have been led to believe that wedding planners are a luxury only afforded by brides and grooms with unlimited wedding budgets, and that hiring a wedding planner is an extravagance. The truth is that wedding planners are not just for the rich and famous. In fact, they can save you money and give you the assurance that your wedding day will be as beautiful as you have dreamed.
Let’s start with some of the nightmares that your married friends have been sharing with you since your engagement. The planning process was draining and miserable. Their florist made them cry. Trying to fit everything into their shoe string budget was impossible. Their tuxedoes came in late and didn’t fit the best man. Their invitations were printed wrong, their wedding cake melted and they over spent so much that they are still paying for their wedding five years later! Some of your friends probably told you that they don’t even remember the day…that it was a blur and that they did not even get to sit down and enjoy their food or cake.
Now, go back and ask those friends if they hired a professional wedding planner. Probably not.
So should you consider hiring a professional wedding planner?
Absolutely! A wedding planner is a highly trained professional who has a vast knowledge of experience in planning weddings. They are experts in the area of planning and organizing, budgeting and negotiating, prioritizing, problem solving, etiquette, orchestration of different types of ceremonies and receptions, and vendor relations. Contrary to popular belief, most wedding planners are bubbly, friendly and a joy to work with.
Here are just a few reasons you should opt for one:
- They can save you a great deal of money and time.
- They have the answers to most of your questions, and if they don’t, they know where to go to get the answers.
- They know which wedding vendors are reputable and which ones will ultimately disappoint you.
- They can attend appointments with you or on your behalf to negotiate contracts and prices, and ensure that each of your vendors understands your expectations.
- They have many unique ideas to help you personalize your wedding and make your day memorable.
- They know how to handle the problems that might arise during the planning process and the day of your wedding.
- They have the expertise and tools to take you from start to finish and help you think everything through and plan wisely.
- They are great at the art of compromise, and can help you incorporate things that will please almost everyone involved in your wedding.
- They can assist you with tedious items such as addressing and mailing invitations, keeping track of guest responses, keeping your bridal party on track and registering for gifts.
- They attend your rehearsal, wedding ceremony and reception to ensure that everything happens according to your wishes, and that you actually get to eat a piece of you wedding cake!
- They are probably much, much more affordable than you think, and their prices are often offset by the money that they end up saving you.
- They have a natural way of making you feel special, important and appreciated. Many brides and grooms actually become great friends with their wedding planners.
Now, the big question. Can you afford to hire a wedding planner?
The answer is quite simple. You can’t afford not to. Most wedding planners offer a variety of pre-priced packages that offer different levels of services to suit your needs. Some even work by the hour, here and there, to help you get off on the right track. Many wedding planners receive special commissions and discounts from various wedding vendors and will pass them along to you as a savings. You can’t go wrong there!
Remember this…your wedding will ultimately be one of the most memorable events in your life. You will probably never invest more money, time and emotion in another celebration for yourselves in this lifetime! It makes sense to hire a professional to ensure that you have the wedding you want, that you stay within your budget and save time, and that you actually get to enjoy your engagement and wedding. Most wedding planners offer a complimentary brainstorm session to find out what you need help with most and to tell you how they can help you enjoy a hassle-free engagement and have the wedding you have always dreamed of.
When interviewing a wedding planner be sure to ask plenty of questions. Find out how long they have been in business. Ask them if they are a full time wedding planner or if this is a part time hobby. Find out what type of professional training they have invested in, if they are a member of good standing in reputable associations. Find out how they are compensated, and ask them to write you up a sample contract for review. Ask them for a reference or two from previous brides and from wedding vendors. Don’t be shy, after all, this is your wedding you are talking about.
Can’t I just do it myself?
Sure you can, but just keep one thought in mind…You can do your own plumbing, fix your own car, build your own house, write you own will, or do your own business taxes, but remember one thing before you do…It will take you longer, cause you more headaches and could create problems down the line that actually end up costing you more. When in doubt, use sound judgment and hire a professional wedding planner to do the job.
Call us today for a complimentary consultation 361-992-9813